Join us for two exciting workshops hosted by Toronto International Deaf Film and Arts Festival on Friday May 26, 2017!
- Date: Friday May 26, 2017
- Time: 10:00AM to 3:00 PM
- Doors Open: 9:45 am
- Workshop on Translating Scripts into English from ASL Perspective, Sponsored by ACTRA Toronto: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- LUNCH Provided: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- Panel Discussions by Filmmakers and Actors: 1:00 pm to 3:00 p.m.
***Scroll to the bottom for more information about two workshops!***
- Adult Festival VIP Pass: $40 early / $60 late
- Student, Youth and Senior Pass: $25
- CHS CUPE 2073 Special Rate: $25
- Individual Ticket: Workshop (Daytime Rate) $20
- ASL-English Interpretation
- International Signs (IS)
- Langue des signes québécoise (LSQ)
- Wheelchair Accessible
10am to 12pm: Translating Scripts into English from ASL Perspective
Are you an Artists that uses ASL/LSQ as their primary language? Industry standards require Deaf/deaf artists to translate scripts and/or funding applications into English. Those translations don’t always represent the full meaning of the writers thoughts. This workshop explores the challenges of writing everything from scripts to funding applications in English as an ASL/LSQ speaker.
- Marjorie Chan, Artistic Director, Cahoots Theatre
- Troy Kotsur, Filmmaker/Actor
- A representative from Independent Production Fund, IPF
1pm to 3pm: Panel Discussions by Filmmakers and Actors
How did you get your films made? Future of Deaf Cinema: Online digital media VS Deaf Film Festival? How to break into the industry as an actor?
Various of discussions by filmmakers/actors in attendance!